The 2nd edition closed on a successful note, with strong industry engagement and knowledge dissemination
The second edition of India’s exclusive Business-to-Business trade fair for the fitness business community, bodyLIFE-India Expo, concluded on a successful note with the three-day event witnessing strong industry engagement.
It was inaugurated by Mr. Madhukar Talwalkar, Chairman of Talwalkars Better Value Fitness Ltd. The annual event saw more than 2,300 trade visitors and 362 professional fitness trainers participating from 1-3 October, at the Bombay Convention & Exhibition Centre.
bodyLIFE-India Expo also saw the successful hosting of two co-located events, the bodyLIFE Congress and IFAA Convention.
The Congress opened with a interesting panel discussion on ‘Transforming Gym’s Growth and Earning Potential’. It was moderated by Mr. Deckline Leitao, Director of Exercise Science with Vesoma Sports Medicine Centre (Bangalore).
Ms. Kalyani Capadia, CEO of K11 Fitness Management Co. Pvt. Ltd.; Mr. Martin Klein, Director of Markez Consultants; and Mr. Sunil Kudva, Founder of Elite Fitness; participated in the panel discussion and shared valuable insights on the subject.
The bodyLIFE Congress also included presentations by Dr. Ruchira Tendolkar, Technical Director of BFY Sports N Fitness;
Mr. Clifford Manifold, Regional Sales Director (South-East Asia and India) with Precor; Mr. Deckline Leitao and other prominent speakers.
A full audio-visual report can be seen at https://youtu.be/ss6BvS-XADQ.
Exhibitors, visitors leave impressed
Exhibitor participation in the second edition of the annual trade show for the fitness industry, the only B2B event of its kind in the country, was enthusiastic. The excitement displayed by those who took part – exhibitors and visitors alike – remained undiminished even towards the end of the three-day exhibition (1-3 October in Mumbai). bodyLIFE-India spoke to a few of them:
- Industry veteran, exhibitor and Managing Director of Omtex Healthwear, Mr. Vijay Patel, was of the opinion that the quality of visitors was very good. “We participated in the first edition of bodyLIFE-India Expo in 2014. This year we are convinced that the organisers are true to their word on delivering to us the right audience,” he said.
This year Omtex introduced its sports apparel also. “The best gym owners visited our stall, not only from Mumbai, but from as far away as Delhi,” he said, adding that it was necessary for all sections of the fitness industry in India to support such trade shows in order to develop and prosper.(www.omtexsports.com).
- Founder and CEO of Better Fitness for You (BFY), Mr. Rajeev Goenka, was happy with his first-time participation, and looks forward to future cooperation too. “For those that missed this year’s show, it will surely be a loss,” he said.
Noting that fitness is a knowledge-based service industry, he said there was vast potential in it as a career option, including part-time assignments. “It is necessary that industry support such trade shows to help tap this potential,” he added. (www.bfysportsnfitness.com).
- For Mr. Dharmesh Bhavishi, Director of Gen-X Sports Nutrition, it was a fruitful debut of his entire range of “purely vegetarian” products. He also said he had introduced diet protein in powder form for the first time in India. This had excited the several trainers and gym owners that visited the busy stall.
With more than a decade of sports nutrition marketing to his credit, including abroad, Dharmesh was upbeat about the prospects of the trade show. “The quality of the visitors impressed me,” he said, and added that in future bodyLIFE-India could look at organising focussed road shows and contests to keep up the excitement.(www.genxsportsnutrition.com).
- Also in launch mode was the UK-based Mr. Anshuman Rane, Co-Founder of Finite-Infinite software for a fitness community that includes trainers, physiotherapists, sports specialists, as well as providers such as gyms, health centres and clinics.
The “on-demand marketplace” App was launched on the first day of the show, and will be initially accessible to Android and iPhone users in India and the UK. “We are delighted to be in the correct place for our launch,” he said, “We are meeting the most relevant people from the demand and supply sides. I is indeed an amazing experience!”(www.fitinfinite.com).
- For Mr. Bharat, Regional Manager-West, for Stex Sports (Afton Fitness), participation has brought him “serious prospects” of distributors across the country, especially Goa, Rajasthan, Jammu & Kashmir and all of North India.
“The quality of visitors from all parts of India is appreciated. We launched the Nexersys system that combines cardio, strength training and mixed martial arts,” he said, “And the response was very motivating.” (www.afton.in).
- Canada-based Mr. Venkat Kucherlapaty of V-Traks, a first-time visitor, was impressed with the organisation and attendance at the show. He appreciated the quality of resources the show had attracted – from trainers, technology providers, management experts and services – from all over India and abroad. V-Tracks recently introduced Titin weighted compression gear in the country. (www.vtraks.com).
- Mr. Kumar Love, Western Region Head of S&T Welcare Equipment, has already participated in several regional and national shows. But the “great and professional planning and execution” of the show left him impressed.
“This is also an indication to the industry, that a good show doesn’t necessarily depend on participation by top brands,” he said, adding that at this show his company’s focus was on its range of cross-fit equipment especially for Indian gyms.
- For Mr. Mirza Sharfuddin of GymTechno, it was a long-awaited and successful opportunity to explore Western India. “We are a family business based in Uttar Pradesh (Greater Noida) for more than 15 years. We were looking for distributors in Western India, especially Maharashtra and Gujarat, and we found them!” he said.
With visitors from Nasik, Nagpur, Jaipur, Delhi, Mumbai and Pune, he called his experience “beyond expectation”. He added that he was “overwhelmed” by the “care the organisers extended to first-time participants” in the exhibition!(www.gymtechno.com).
- Mr. Gaurav Pareek, Co-Founder of Gymate gym software, was also a satisfied exhibitor, having counted more than 300 visitors at his stall and receiving 30-odd serious business proposals. (www.gymate.co.in).